Chapter 1 Introduction
Let’s set the stage for WildTrax. What are its objectives?
- To manage all components of environmental sensor and biological data from field metadata to media to species observations
- To store data safely and securely while still making it accessible to users
- To process environmental sensor data to a high degree of data quality and integrity
- To share environmental sensor and biological data with other WildTrax users, collaborators and the public
- To discover data in your study area or across the WildTrax system
If you want to skip this detailed introduction and get right to a summarized version, consult the Quick Guide.